Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

At least 70 of Apple's retail stores in the U.S. will be closing earlier than usual on Sunday, according to Apple's website. Most of Apple's other retail stores across the country already have reduced hours on Sundays.

Apple-Vision-Pro-at-Steve-Jobs-Theater.jpeg

In his newsletter earlier this month, Bloomberg's Mark Gurman said all Apple retail stores would be holding three-hour meetings for all employees on January 21, the same day that some stores are closing early. Some employees believe these meetings will discuss Vision Pro sales procedures and other training material for Apple's headset, according to Gurman.

Apple did not respond to our request for comment.

Vision Pro launches in the U.S. on February 2, with pre-orders beginning this Friday. Starting on February 2 at 8 a.m. local time, at least some of Apple's stores in the U.S. will allow customers to sign up for a demo of the headset. Apple said it will offer demos from February 2 through February 4 on a first‑come, first‑served basis.

We previously reported on how to prepare for Vision Pro pre-orders, for customers who are willing to spend $3,499 on the headset.

MacRumors contributor Aaron Perris assisted with this story.

Article Link: Some Apple Stores Closing Early on Sunday Ahead of Vision Pro Launch

currentinterest

macrumors 6502a
Aug 22, 2007
I will have mine sent directly to my home, I see no reason to pick it up at an Apple Store. Perhaps this is for people who wish to demo the product without actually purchasing. I found out lenses can be ordered for another person, the jury is still out on ordering additional different light seals.

Blackstick

macrumors 65816
Aug 11, 2014
OH
I will have mine sent directly to my home, I see no reason to pick it up at an Apple Store. Perhaps this is for people who wish to demo the product without actually purchasing. I found out lenses can be ordered for another person, the jury is still out on ordering additional different light seals.
Man with how many light seals there are, I'd want to be fit in person. It's probably gonna be a mess to get them exchanged. And probably as ridiculous as the flawed Apple Watch process where you get to return the whole watch if you ordered the wrong size/style band.

Reactions: rbramseyjr

clcnyc

macrumors 6502
Jan 6, 2004
NYC
Can you order the Vision Pro, and then order the lenses after? I can't get in to get an updated rx til after tomorrow.

swiftapplefan

macrumors regular
Aug 25, 2023
It's time, finally. I won't be able to purchase one, but I'm really excited for this step forward in technology.

iZac

macrumors 68030
Apr 28, 2003
UK
I wonder if the media and YouTubers that demoed it the other day also went home with the kits for review?

I would expect the first reviews to come out just before the release and Apple must be prepping and fitting for them so they’re not unencumbered by finding the best size, fit and position to wear it before they review the whole package.

joejoe2000

macrumors newbie
Jun 21, 2023
I wonder if Apple will be sending them out signature-required. It can be less convenient than non-signature, but these are not cheap, and undoubtedly porch piracy on Feb 1st and 2nd will be up, and not by accident.

Rychiar

macrumors 68030
May 16, 2006
Waterbury, CT
I wonder if Apple will be sending them out signature-required. It can be less convenient than non-signature, but these are not cheap, and undoubtedly porch piracy on Feb 1st and 2nd will be up, and not by accident.
Everything apple ships SHOULD require a signature… unfortunately the only thing I ‘ve received that they wouldn’t leave was the damn Apple Card. Meanwhile Brand new iPhones and Mac’s are being left on my front porch for hours :rolleyes: useless fedex

kiensoy

macrumors 6502
Feb 6, 2008
Man with how many light seals there are, I'd want to be fit in person. It's probably gonna be a mess to get them exchanged. And probably as ridiculous as the flawed Apple Watch process where you get to return the whole watch if you ordered the wrong size/style band.
Yeah those people who tried it this week got their heads scanned and even that way they didn't get a good fit.

Reactions: Blackstick

HobeSoundDarryl

macrumors G5
Everything apple ships SHOULD require a signature… unfortunately the only thing I ‘ve received that they wouldn’t leave was the damn Apple Card. Meanwhile Brand new iPhones and Mac’s are being left on my front porch for hours :rolleyes: useless fedex

A game of probabilities applies. Apparently, their systems say you are a safe bet for no claim. Another person will have to sign. I'm in an upscale gated community where almost no crime has occurred in 20 years, with a significantly hidden (from street) entryway and have had tons of stuff delivered here by FEDEX and Apple. Last purchase from Apple? Had to sign. Perhaps it's the orange jumpsuit and ankle tracker I'm wearing that alters the probability analytics? Or maybe the bandit mask and black & white striped prisoner costume? ;)

If you want to "fix" your problem(?), "lose" the next delivery and make a claim. They'll be sure to seek your autograph up to forever after.

Else, if you don't want to break the law, log onto FEDEX and make your shipments "signature required" yourself.

currentinterest

macrumors 6502a
Aug 22, 2007
When ordering a face scan is required, so the seal will likely come packaged at the store. Will they really have time or the inventory to swap them out on launch day?

nfl46

macrumors G3
Oct 5, 2008
I already know I will get a call from my CC company thinking this purchase is fraud since it’s so expensive. lol.

HobeSoundDarryl

macrumors G5
Didn't you hear: the pessimists are absolutely certain that NO ONE will buy this at all. They know best for everyone else. So if you do buy one, your CC company will almost certainly assume system error and probably not charge you. Because if it's impossible that anyone would choose to buy one, none must have been purchased.

Bonus: at least one of these pessimists must be working for each card company and they can confirm the very obvious and absolute error. Else you have probably 5K-10K posts loaded with absolute certainty that this product is for no one at all... and even those who think they may want one are absolutely wrong... and will not buy. Irrefutable evidence galore. ;)

Last edited:

Blackstick

macrumors 65816
Aug 11, 2014
OH
The US has a population of 330 million. Figure at least 80 million are under 18.

Hundreds of millions in the US can’t afford this. It’s extremely expensive as priced, a toy for the affluent so far. Apple hasn’t released sales numbers in a decade at least — so you can’t make the claim Pros outsell Airs. It’s widely speculated that Airs outsell Pros but Mac numbers are a sliver of iPhone in general.

Didn't you hear: the pessimists are absolutely certain that NO ONE will buy this at all. They know best for everyone else. So if you do buy one, your CC company will almost certainly assume system error and probably not charge you. Because if it's impossible that anyone would choose to buy one, none must have been purchased.

Bonus: at least one of these pessimists must be working for each card company and they can confirm the very obvious and absolute error. Else you have probably 5K-10K posts loaded with absolute certainty that this product is for no one at all... and even those who think they may want one are absolutely wrong... and will not buy. Irrefutable evidence galore. ;)
They’ll sell every single one they make, because they can make so few. Backordered to next May immediately.

svish

macrumors G3
Nov 25, 2017
Good to know. Expecting huge crowds in Apple stores to get a demo on February 2nd.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.
  翻译: